Police Officer: Hello Miss. I don't mean to bother you, but can I just ask you a few questions?
Police officer: Yeah, there was a crime committed last night so we've been asking some of the locals . What were you doing at eight o’clock yesterday evening?
Jane: I was watching a movie.
Police officer: Hmm. What movie were you watching?
Jane: Twilight, the vampire movie.
Police officer: Really? What time was it playing?
Jane: I was watching it from 7 until 9. I was not robbing that old woman at 8 o’clock because I was watching the movie. Look, I watched the whole movie from start to finish.
Police officer: So, how do you know it was an old woman that got robbed?
Past Continuous - Grammar Notes
- I was watching TV when he arrived.
- I was sleeping when cat woke me up.
- They were waiting when we got there.
- She was just telling me a joke.
- As I was eating, a strange man approached me.
- While I was living in Spain, I met my partner.
- The children were fighting when I got home.
- She was sleeping, so I tried to be quiet.
- What were you doing at six last night?
- I was eating dinner with my family.
- Where were you this morning?
- I was at home. I was helping my mother.
- As I was just saying, you need to be more careful.
- You know, I was just thinking the same thing.
- He was just sitting here. Where is he now?
- We were just leaving.