Conjuctions | And - But
Listen to Rod and Maria two new students on an international program talk about where Maria is from.
Rod: Hi Maria. I hear you're from Brazil.
Maria: Yeah, Sao Paulo actually.
Rod: I don’t know much about it. What’s it like?
Maria: Well, I like it. It's a very big city, and it has a lot of our culture, museums, art, clubs too.
Rod: Sounds interesting.
Maria: Yes, I love it. There's also the Brazilian Grand Prix and we have several soccer clubs in the town.
Rod: From what you're saying, I think I would like to go there one day. It sure sounds like there's a lot to do.
Maria: Yeah. You should go sometime. I may even show you around.
- It is a beautiful beach. The sea is warm. (It is a beautiful beach, and the sea is warm).
- Alaska is beautiful. The winters are terrible. (Alaska is beautiful, but the winters are terrible).
- My new car is economical, and it seats five.
- My new car is fast, but it guzzles the gas.
- Restaurants are very cheap, and the nightlife is great.
- Restaurants are very cheap, but there is no nightlife.
- The museums are wonderful, and there is great nightlife, but it is very expensive.
- The new Porsche is fast, but it is not cheap, and the fuel consumption is awful.
Complete the gaps with the words listed below.