#34 | If - Second Conditional | Potential Outcomes
Gary and Gill are dreaming about being rich one quiet Sunday afternoon.
Gary: Hey Gill, if you were rich, like so rich you never had to worry about money ever, what would you do?
Gill: Hmm. If I were that rich, I would buy a nice house by the sea. I love the coast. And I would travel the world. I would visit every country in the world. How about you?
Gary: To be honest, I don’t really know, but I would give a lot of money to my parents. They are old and they have worked so hard all their lives. Apart from that, yeah, well, traveling sounds good, yeah. I would love to do that. The rest, I’m not so sure.
Gill: Yeah, well, it’s time to get back down to earth now and stop dreaming. Tomorrow is another day at work and that ain’t going to make either of us rich.
Gary: Yeah, that's true. Better get on
- If I were a billionaire, I would have a house in every continent.
- I would be very happy if it snowed in July in Virginia.
- If I saw a full eclipse, I would be very happy.
- If my boyfriend became super rich, I would marry him.
- I would be very happy if I saw a full eclipse.
- I would marry my boyfriend if he became super rich.
- I could travel the world constantly if I were a billionaire.
- If I could run the 100 meters in under ten seconds, I might win the Olympics.
quit • travel