True or False
1) Tokyo is the biggest city in Japan.
2) Bangkok is the most popular city in Thailand.
3) The Nile is the longest river in the world.
4) Antarctica is the coldest place in the world.
5) Saudi Arabia is one of the richest countries in the world.
6) The oldest person in the world is a man.
7) The most expensive city in the world is Hong Kong.
8) The happiest people in the world live in Finland.
9) The most dangerous fish is the Great White Shark.
10) The safest country in the world is Japan.
11) The youngest person in the world was born just now.
12) The largest land animal in the world is the elephant.
13) Summer is the hottest season of the year.
14) Winter is the coldest season of the year.
Use the superlative to show that something has the highest quality of some trait within a group of subjects.
One Syllable -est
small – smallest - This is my smallest pan.
cold – coldest - Winter is the coldest time of the year.
young – youngest - This is my youngest sister.
One Syllable ends in /e/ -st
safe – safest - This is not the safest place to live.
nice – nicest - He is the nicest person in the office.
close – closest - This is the closest shop to my house.
Consonant + vowel + Consonant -(x)est
hot – hottest - Florida is the hottest state in America.
big – biggest - Tokyo is the biggest city in Japan.
wet– wettest - April is the wettest month of the year.
Two Syllable ends in /y/ -iest
happy – happiest - I am happiest when I am at home.
angry – angriest - He is the angriest man I know.
pretty – prettiest - This is the prettiest part of town.
Two or More Syllables most --
dangerous – most dangerous
This is the most dangerous part of town.
expensive – most expensive
This is the most expensive restaurant in my city.
difficult – most difficult
This is the most difficult part of the test.
good – best - Do you best!
bad – worst - This was my worst performance.